Government's guidance on coronavirus for employers and businesses
The UK Government has published a guide which will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to employees on coronavirus.
The guide includes information and advice on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, including the signs and symptoms;
- how to prevent the spread of all respiratory infections, including the novel virus;
- what to do if someone with suspected or confirmed infection with COVID-19 has been in a worplace setting;
- what advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas;
- cleaning offices and public spaces and handling waste where there are suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19;
- advice for the certification of absence from work resulting from the novel infection.
The World Health Organisation also released some information on the rights, roles and responsibilities of health workers, including key considerations for occupational safety and health.
For more information on this subject, see:
- COVID-19: guidance for employers and businesses;
- Coronavirus Disease Outbreak: Rights, roles and responsibilities of health workers, including key considerations for occupational safety and health.